Before your appointment
- You will take the oral medication at our office. It will take about 1 hour to fully take effect.
- Arrange to have a responsible adult bring you to the appointment, stay with you during the appointment, drive you home and stay with you for the rest of the day. You cannot go home by taxi or public transit.
- Do not wear facial makeup or nail polish. Wear a short sleeve shirt, comfortable, casual and loose-fitting clothing.
- Contact us prior to the appointment if there has been a change in your general health (such as severe cold, fever, etc).
- Do not have anything to eat for eight hours before your appointment.
- Do not have any fluids for two hours before your appointment. You may have up to half a cup ( 250ml ) of clear liquid prior to your appointment
- Make a trip to the washroom just prior to being seated.
Following your appointment
- You must NOT drive a car or operate machinery for at least 24 hours, or longer if drowsy or dizziness persist. You may be drowsy for the remainder of the day and should be recovering at home in the care of a responsible adult until you are fully alert.
- Do not travel alone.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages for the remainder of the day.
- If there are any questions, do not hesitate to call the office :
Business hours: (613) 722-3636
After hours: (613) 890-4716 (emergencies only please)